Laptop turns off

Sep 2, 2018
I have a Dell Inspiron 5559 that I bought two years back.The laptop has been working fine all this time but from few days it's not working properly.The laptop went to sleep mode automatically while using.I checked the power options and changed all the settings to NEVER but the problem persisted.Then I ran the diagnostics in the BIOS mode but that
too was futile.I tried googling the problem but no solution worked. However , when I changed the setting 'Choose what closing the lid does' to 'DO NOTHING' which previously was set to 'SLEEP' , the laptop inspite of going to the sleep mode now blinks.And it happens continuously with no specific time period between the blinks.It seems like a power cut but it's causing no problem to the system.The laptop turns on the moment it gets off without any loss of work.I don't understand what's wrong but it's getting on my nerves as working with these random blinks is very annoying.What can be the problem?

Solution
The laptop lid function is controlled by a magnet under the laptop cover near the lid, it seems like the magnet is getting affected by something thus activating its function which in this case was "sleep" before you changed it, the "do nothing" function in spite of its name actually does something, it dims your display to complete black to save battery or power, it actually makes sense because who uses laptop when the lid is closed, right? Check for anything on your desk or surrounding your laptop that is magnetic and put that away from the laptop and also there is a possibility that the sensor itself could be faulty...

Seyed22Shaheen

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
The laptop lid function is controlled by a magnet under the laptop cover near the lid, it seems like the magnet is getting affected by something thus activating its function which in this case was "sleep" before you changed it, the "do nothing" function in spite of its name actually does something, it dims your display to complete black to save battery or power, it actually makes sense because who uses laptop when the lid is closed, right? Check for anything on your desk or surrounding your laptop that is magnetic and put that away from the laptop and also there is a possibility that the sensor itself could be faulty...

Solution