Laptop turns on but screen remains black

Tazz91

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016
Hey guys!
So ive had my laptop for almost 6 years no real issues other than the occasional blue screen here and there. Today while browsing the net and watching twitch streams the laptop froze/crashed and i couldnt really do anything.
So i turned the laptop off by holding down the power button. waited about 30 seconds and turned it back on but the screen remains black.
The laptop itself powers up, all the lights come on etc. but nothing with the screen.

I really need to access the laptop because my uni work is on there and i need to finish that asap xD.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm not sure if these is a common thread but there are just so many people having the same problem lately. :( Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First, connect your laptop onto an external display and see if you'll get any display from it. If you will, press the Windows key + P at the same time and select Computer Only or Disconnect Projector and see if you'll get the display back on the built in screen.
- If it will not work do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug it's AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then boot it back up and see if it will load normally.
- Next is to reseat the RAM if using a different AC adapter will not work. Remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If these doesn't work, do check the AC adapter if it's supplying enough voltage or try another AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will boot up normally.
- And if all these steps will not make your PC boot up that means it's a problem with the motherboard.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jlwftc Laptop Tech Support 0
xdhampx Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0
H Laptop Tech Support 8
jasonkariuki98 Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 3
lennium Laptop Tech Support 5
Tintha Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2