Solved! Laptop turns on when plugged in, 0% battery

Oct 8, 2019
My Asus laptop turns on when it is plugged in.

When it finishes booting i see 0% Plugged In Charging but it doesn't charge so it switches off when AC is unplugged.

I have bought a new battery and still no dice.
Also uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft ACPI drivers same issue.

I haven't tried buying a new charger, i tried my charger on an Acer laptop and it charges it.

Note: I upgraded my motherboard recently and I have a bios update available but haven't updated for fear of bricking.

Please i just need advice every other thing seems to work fine . Thanks in advance.

Solution
maybe the second battery is dead as well

Did you try charging without turning the laptop on? Try charging it overnight to be sure it doesn´t work.

If the laptop runs stable there shouldn´t be a problem updating the BIOS to version 206.
Don´t use the windows flash utility. Download the new BIOS, unzip it to an USB flash drive, get into the BIOS and flash it from there.

Did you reinstall or reset windows while upgrading to the new motherboard?
Oct 8, 2019
Thanks for the quick reply. The new motherboard does not need more power and voltage is the same as before. The upgrade was from asus n550jk board to n550jx. Only Cpu and gpu were upgraded.

Did you try charging without turning the laptop on? Try charging it overnight to be sure it doesn´t work.

If the laptop runs stable there shouldn´t be a problem updating the BIOS to version 206.
Don´t use the windows flash utility. Download the new BIOS, unzip it to an USB flash drive, get into the BIOS and flash it from there.

Solution
Oct 8, 2019
I used HWinfo to check the battery it shows only 5% battery wear and the capacity displays accordingly.

Thanks i will try this and give feedback.

Thanks for this, currently on 202 which i think is too low.

No i just replaced the board and it picked up where it left off.