Laptop ugrade i7

Solution
no. You can upgrade your CPU and GPU on that laptop.
You can upgrade the CPU to qx9300, and you can upgrade the GPU to 3700FX ... dunno about better ones, hard to find the manuals etc.

If you upgrade the GPU you will need to change the cpu heatsink as you only get one heatsink in a laptop.
Not so sure about changing the heatsink if you change the CPU and not the GPU.

Research about how you access your laptops as all laptops have different ways of getting to the motherboard and alot harder than a desktop computer ;)

jakegroves

Estimable
Jan 31, 2015
no. You can upgrade your CPU and GPU on that laptop.
You can upgrade the CPU to qx9300, and you can upgrade the GPU to 3700FX ... dunno about better ones, hard to find the manuals etc.

If you upgrade the GPU you will need to change the cpu heatsink as you only get one heatsink in a laptop.
Not so sure about changing the heatsink if you change the CPU and not the GPU.

Research about how you access your laptops as all laptops have different ways of getting to the motherboard and alot harder than a desktop computer ;)

Solution

jakegroves

Estimable
Jan 31, 2015

what is your current GPU? And i'm not so sure personally as all my laptops have had soldered GPU's D: not so much of a laptop expert, i know my stuff but yer ... tell me your current GPU on the laptop and i'll reccomend one

jakegroves

Estimable
Jan 31, 2015

can you also confirm what CPU you have? The exact model, so i can check your socket for your laptop and will reccomend some GPU's :)

Behunin

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015
I found the socket and there was not an I 7 that would fit correctly, there wasn't anything from the i3-7 line even. But it's okay because I just barely got a new laptop for my early birthday.