Question laptop will not start on battery

wmh1968

Honorable
Jan 29, 2016
I have an HP 15-DB0005DX laptop that I want to put a second sshd in (Samsung EVO 850). The oem is a 128gb m2 which I will leave in, I ordered the bracket and connector board from Impact Computers and I thought the ribbon cable would come with them but it didn't so I have to order it now. When I put the battery back in and assemble the computer it says check sum error and defaults to the original bios and will not start on the battery, just the ac until I dl and update the bios, why it this. Thanks, Mike

MikeNettleton

Prominent
Sep 19, 2019
I have an HP 15-DB0005DX laptop that I want to put a second sshd in (Samsung EVO 850). The oem is a 128gb m2 which I will leave in, I ordered the bracket and connector board from Impact Computers and I thought the ribbon cable would come with them but it didn't so I have to order it now. When I put the battery back in and assemble the computer it says check sum error and defaults to the original bios and will not start on the battery, just the ac until I dl and update the bios, why it this. Thanks, Mike
Mike, don't know, but life is too short, so why not update the BIOS and see if it clears the problem. Mike

wmh1968

Honorable
Jan 29, 2016
I have already updated the bios twice after putting it back together. I have never had anything like this happen before and wondered why it keeps happening. Thanks, Mike