Laptop with Geforce 940M

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyJG

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015
Hello guys,

I have problems with my laptop Asus F555L, i bought it 2 days ago and i figured out that when i trying to play CS:GO on 940M i have like 40-50 FPS (on low set.,seems wierd to me, its playable but sometime is not smooth), but more wierder is that i playing on same settings with integrated card hd graphics 5500 and i have more 70-100 (seems smooth) FPS than with my Dedicated Geforce 940M.

What is wrong whit my 940M ? drivers? (i downloaded newest version and instal it but its still same)

So, i dont know what to do now, and i think this GPU is not best but it has better potencial than play CS:GO on 40 fps with some lags....
Would be great if you can give me some tips how to set up this GPU.

Laptop spec:
CPU: i7 5500U
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 940M
RAM: 8GB

Thank you for your time

KennyJG

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015
spicyboldbbq on reddit helped me out he wrote this:
Try plugging it in and check your FPS in CS:GO. Dedicated cards use quite a bit more power than integrated cards. As a result, performance will be throttled when the dedicated card is put under heavy load to extend battery life if the laptop is running on battery. You can change this by altering a few settings but your battery life will suffer. Go ahead and do a test for now just to see if this is the case.

i posting this just for someone who will have same problem :), credits to https://www.reddit.com/user/spicyboldbbq

Status
Not open for further replies.