Laptop with inconsistent wifi

notasandwich

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
My Asus k53e laptop hard drive recently failed and I was forced to start from scratch as I had not made any kind of backup. I am still in the process of installing all the proper hardware drives but I believe I did install the right drivers for wifi and LAN connectivity

The problem is that the Wifi signal gets lost from time to time and a notification saying that I am disconnected from the network pops up. Using the troubleshooter brings it back up but I get two notifications:

One is that the wifi connection had been disabled and that Windows was able to bring it back up.

The other is that a cable or wire is either damaged or disconnected, which the trouble shooter can do nothing about.

I have checked my router and all the cables going to my desktop and elsewhere and none of them are damaged or loose. Whats more is that none of the other wifi enabled devices in my home have had any kind of similar issue where the signal becomes lost . What could be wrong with my laptop that is keeps disconnecting itself from WiFi?

Hi,

Please do try to uninstall/reinstall the wifi adapter of your laptop.
- Open Device Manager and uninstall the Wifi adapter.
- Once completely uninstalled, using a different PC or laptop download the latest wifi adapter.
- Here's the link: https://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks/K53E/HelpDesk_Download/
- Select the correct OS installed in your laptop and the correct wifi adapter.
- Use a USB driver to transfer the wifi driver that was downloaded and install it onto your laptop.
- Once the latest driver has been installed, reboot the laptop and test it again after the reboot.

Hopefully this will help. :)

notasandwich

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
I am not sure which would be the correct wifi adapter drive. I installed "ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities" amongst others but I not sure which was the correct driver for the adapter