Laptop without screen beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherry9oct

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
I broke my laptop screen so I thought to connect the laptop to TV worked fine but then I removed the screen from the laptop and now it beeps all the time even if I turn down volume. The laptop is Dell inspiron 15. Please if someone can help me stop beeping.

Solution
As far as I know there's no way to turn off the PC speaker in the BIOS/UEFI. You'll have to consult the manual of the laptop, find the location of the speaker and (if possible) remove it/cut it off. Or you could put the laptop into a very big noise-reducing box ;)

fliger5

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015
It's because the beeps are coming from the motherboard and not the main speakers. They mean there's something wrong with the hardware (obv your screen). Usually it's a small code e.g. 3 short beeps, 3 long beeps. Then you can google the meaning of that code and find out the cause and maybe a solution.

sherry9oct

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
The thing is that I know whats wrong (no screen). I have removed the screen from the laptop before that when the broken screen was hanging there was no beeping sound and when I cut the wires connecting the laptop and the screen then it started beeping. I have no issues if it only beeped and then stopped but its beeping all the time. Laptop is working fine on the TV screen no issues. I only want to stop the beeping sound.

fliger5

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015
As far as I know there's no way to turn off the PC speaker in the BIOS/UEFI. You'll have to consult the manual of the laptop, find the location of the speaker and (if possible) remove it/cut it off. Or you could put the laptop into a very big noise-reducing box ;)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.