Solved! Laptop won’t boot up with Battery.

Jan 6, 2019
I’ve got a Toshiba C55-A 5100 laptop that won’t say running when you unplug the charger. The other day I unplugged my laptop to move to another room and noticed it shut off immediately. I tried turning it back on with the charger not plugged in with no luck. I removed the battery and reinstalled it still no luck. I plugged the charger back up and computer comes on and works fine and shows the battery at 51% but as soon as you unplug the charger it dies. I’m no computer guy by no means so first thing that came to mind was bad battery, so I purchased a new battery off amazon that had very good reviews. New battery arrived and the put it in and let it charge for 8 hours but the computer still has the same problem, it works fine as long as the charger is plugged in. I hope there’s someone out there that can help me or do I need to take it to a computer repair place.
Thanks

Solution
Sounds like your battery is giving you a false readings. And I am going to guess that the new battery is an aftermarket one? If so, they are hit or miss with working correctly. You need to try a true OEM battery.