Laptop won't boot after a mishap

LazyGunn

Estimable
Jan 2, 2016
Hey all,
I'm just a moderately competent computer owner; Toshiba Satellite L55-B5267

I had an unfortunate case of butter fingers and fumbled my metal flashlight right onto my open laptop. It landed right on top of where the hard drive is housed.    The chrome browser seemed to freeze and I couldn't open task manager to close it or open anything else. I attempted to restart the PC, but a black screen with "no bootable device found" appeared. After Googling around, I found similar cases of hard drives being knocked ajar. I followed their steps of removing the HDD and reinserting it. That fixed the bootable device error. But now the PC will only get to the Toshiba leading innovation screen. It attempts to diagnose and automatic repair. It fails to fix the issues.
I tried to system restore and it finishes the process but never leaves the screen. Also ran "chkdsk c: /r /x" in Command Prompt. I can see that it scans newer files saved to my desktop, so hopeful the HDD is salvageable. It just doesn't seem to fix what's wrong.
I have an external hard drive, but not another win10 pc to create a bootable USB.
Is this problem fixable? Maybe a new HDD? I'm in college and can't currently purchase new laptop or take it in for an expensive repair, so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Thank you

Solution
So, you should put an SSD of 250gb in the laptop to make it super fast, as you need to replace it.
You won't believe the difference if you put in an SSD.
You can buy a new copy of Windows 10 from a place like Kinguin (yes it is legit for $25)
This I think still works - https://www.howtogeek.com/244678/you-dont-need-a-product-key-to-install-and-use-windows-10/
Then copy the old hard disk over using an external connector.

ElectrO_90

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
So, you should put an SSD of 250gb in the laptop to make it super fast, as you need to replace it.
You won't believe the difference if you put in an SSD.
You can buy a new copy of Windows 10 from a place like Kinguin (yes it is legit for $25)
This I think still works - https://www.howtogeek.com/244678/you-dont-need-a-product-key-to-install-and-use-windows-10/
Then copy the old hard disk over using an external connector.

Solution