Laptop won't boot even to BIOS after freeze

Jul 1, 2018
Hello everyone.

This morning, when I turned on my laptop, 10 seconds after it booted and the mouse pointer showed, it simply froze.

At that moment I couldn't move the cursor at all and the hdd was spinning slower and slower until it stopped, same with the cooler.

I tried to hold the power button down for 10 seconds but the laptop didn't shut down so I removed the battery and inserted it back. That's what I noticed right after I started the laptop up again:
- the display did not turn on at all
- the cooler and the hdd weren't spinning at all
- only the power, airplane mode and caps lock LEDs were turned on
- the keyboard leds did not turn on
- nothing happened no mater which key I pressed
- I couldn't even enter the BIOS setup
- The manufacturer logo didn't show up as the display didn't turn on

I waited for 15 minutes but it was still frozen and the power button wasn't working so the only way I could turn my pc off was to remove the battery. The charging led turns on only if I start the laptop while it's plugged in as well.

I tried booting it without the hdd and resealing the RAM but same thing happened. I'm aware of opening it up for more changes.

Please, can you give me some advice to fix this problem?

My specs:
Model: Asus ROG GL552VW
Ram: 8 gb
HDD: 1000 gb
CPU: Intel core i7 6700HQ
GPU: GTX 960m with 4gb VRAM

P.S.: In my spare time I write programs using OpenGL 3.3 (LibGDX if you've ever heard of that). Sometimes, when I use very demanding shaders the driver crashes or the program freezes, then windows and lastly the cursor and I have to restart my laptop to get it working again if that matters.

I appreciate any useful advice.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from dumitru12cosmin : "Laptop won't boot at all after freeze"