Question Laptop won't charge on a Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 22, 2020
For several weeks now my laptop won't charge on a Sunday. It's only on Sunday and it's every Sunday. Any advise will be gratefully received. BTW the battery is new.

Mar 22, 2020
Maybe it is just taking the day off?

Seriously though, you know this how? What is the make/model of your laptop? What version of Windows are you using?
Hi COLGeek. It's a HP Pavillion and quite old. It's still running on Windows 7 (because I really am a granny and expect things to last forever) and the only reason I use it is because it has my MODES database on it that I need for my voluntary job. I don't do anything else on it which is why i've never upgraded. I know it's only on a Sunday because I do a couple of hours work on the database nearly every day and every flippin' Sunday and only on Sunday the screen keeps fading in and out and the battery isn't charging. It's driving me nuts.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Hi COLGeek. It's a HP Pavillion and quite old. It's still running on Windows 7 (because I really am a granny and expect things to last forever) and the only reason I use it is because it has my MODES database on it that I need for my voluntary job. I don't do anything else on it which is why i've never upgraded. I know it's only on a Sunday because I do a couple of hours work on the database nearly every day and every flippin' Sunday and only on Sunday the screen keeps fading in and out and the battery isn't charging. It's driving me nuts.
I have been geeking for decades and this is a new one for me. I have shared this thread with the moderation team to see if anyone has any ideas.

Short of some odd entry in the Task Scheduler, I know of no way to affect the charging of a system on a particular day.

Can you look there for any clues?

Did the behavior (not charging on Sunday) begin when the new battery was installed?

In any case, where did you get the battery?

On Sundays does anything else change?

Maybe the electrical outlet - either directly or indirectly?

For example do you move to another room or location to work?

Does someone else plug in another device into the same circuit or shared powerstrip?

Does the nature of the work being done on that laptop change in any manner?

As per @COLGeek, Task Scheduler crossed my mind but likewise I cannot think of anything in there that would actually prevent physically recharging the battery.

You might look in Task Monitor to observe what all is running on Saturday and then do so again on Sunday, then Monday.

Some app or process may either appear or disappear - bit of a stretch overall but no harm in looking.

For several weeks now my laptop won't charge on a Sunday. It's only on Sunday and it's every Sunday. Any advise will be gratefully received. BTW the battery is new.

Need to figure out what is different on Sundays. Just because it's a Sunday won't affect anything. Are you charging it in the same spot that day or do you maybe go visit someone Sunday so are in a different area?

Status
Not open for further replies.