Solved! laptop wont connect to wifi or ethernet

Jul 14, 2019
My laptop wont connect to my wifi or Ethernet but when i use a usb wif adapter and connect to the same network it works. It also works on my desktop computers. How do I fix this? Laptop is Xiaomi Notebook Pro running windows 10.

Solution
If it won't work at all using the installed WiFi then you may well have a damaged part. It happens.

If the laptop is under warranty I would contact them about a repair. If it isn't under warranty then you can either try replacing the part yourself (if you feel comfortable doing the work), take it to a local tech to do the work, or use an external WiFi that connects via the computers USB port.
If it won't work at all using the installed WiFi then you may well have a damaged part. It happens.

If the laptop is under warranty I would contact them about a repair. If it isn't under warranty then you can either try replacing the part yourself (if you feel comfortable doing the work), take it to a local tech to do the work, or use an external WiFi that connects via the computers USB port.

Solution
Jul 14, 2019

thanks the problem seems fixed now. I did a system restore and it started working again.