Laptop wont turn on again. Battery drain procedure worked once but it died again.

tabambsn

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
I'm using an Acer ES1 laptop. It wont turn on but the indicator turns to blue when plugged in. I tried removing the battery and power source then pressing the on button a couple of times but it did not work. Then after a lot of tries, the laptop turned on. I checked on the battery and it was full. After a few minutes (less than 5), it died and i was back at the same problem i had before.

Solution
Some do, some don't. I have had both. Not sure about Acer. See if you can get it to power up again like before, then slip the battery out. If it doesn't keep running, it probably needs the battery.

tabambsn

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017

Isn’t it supposed to work even if the battery is not in place, as long as it is plugged in? But my laptop doesn’t work with that setup either.

clutchc

Distinguished
Some do, some don't. I have had both. Not sure about Acer. See if you can get it to power up again like before, then slip the battery out. If it doesn't keep running, it probably needs the battery.

Solution