Laptop won't turn on. Light for 3 sec then orange light. Help?

CompChick18

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017
First off I cant take the battery out of this type of laptop. I tried holding the power button down for 10sec. Then 1 minute and all with nothing plugged into it. HEEEEEEEELP!?!?!?

Solution
Well all laptops have a battery that can be removed/replaced. However, how easy that can be done is a whole other issue.

If the laptop is under warranty still, then you don't want to be opening it up yourself. In that case contact the manufacturer about the issue.

Now if it isn't under warranty any longer then you can try the following and see if that gets it going again. Which would require opening it up to take out the battery.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
5. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then...
Well all laptops have a battery that can be removed/replaced. However, how easy that can be done is a whole other issue.

If the laptop is under warranty still, then you don't want to be opening it up yourself. In that case contact the manufacturer about the issue.

Now if it isn't under warranty any longer then you can try the following and see if that gets it going again. Which would require opening it up to take out the battery.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
5. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Side Note: Your question asks about that kind of laptop, but then you didn't say what kind of laptop. :) Either way I stand by what I put here, but for future reference, when asking about a specific device, it kind of helps to include the info about the device.

Solution

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from CompChick18 : "Computer won't turn on!"

helpmesurvive

Estimable
Jul 29, 2015
Battery xharged. Reset done. First two lights are solid blue third light glows briefly black screen Have held powerbutton down for 45 seconds numerous times. Charger is brand new. what now?