Laptop won't turn on without adapter

Pharetra

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
Today I noticed that my laptop won't turn on when the adapter isn't plugged in. Windows says the battery is on 81% and not charging. I've tried the reset button on the bottom of the laptop, but it didn't do anything.

Laptop is an Acer V5-573G and you can't take out the battery (yay!). Is the battery dead?

Solution
Actually it can be removed/replaced, it just is not as simple as it could be. Why they make it so hard is beyond reasoning.

This video can show you how to access and remove the battery on your laptop. Using it, try the following and see if it resolves your problem.

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
6. Now...
Actually it can be removed/replaced, it just is not as simple as it could be. Why they make it so hard is beyond reasoning.

This video can show you how to access and remove the battery on your laptop. Using it, try the following and see if it resolves your problem.

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

Solution