Laptop won't turn on

veena.ramalingam

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017
Hello,

My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L50-C
8gb ram
Basically it said it wasn't charging and then once the remaining power drained out, I cudnt turn it back on. No lights no nothing.

I recently installed a Samsung 250gb ssd after I had some trouble with the built in hdd

It was working fine and smoothly
One day I noticed my laptop was not charging. I thot it cud be easily fixed and didn't do much abt it. The battery ofcourse died aftr using it. Then when I tried to turn it on, it simply wudnt turn on.
I have tried ttakingthe battery out, 30 sec and 60 sec power hold. Took the ram chip out. Opened the laptop completely and blew the dust out. Took out the ssd and put it back.
Please help. Just spent a shitload on ssds and don't want to buy a new laptop
Any advice/ help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
It sooner simply sounds like your charger / adaptor was faulty, and now you have an empty battery. So it won't power on.

A quick check can be to remove the battery, plug in the adaptor, and see if it will power on. The laptop should power on normally without the battery as long as a working charger is plugged in and live.

PC Tailor

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017
It sooner simply sounds like your charger / adaptor was faulty, and now you have an empty battery. So it won't power on.

A quick check can be to remove the battery, plug in the adaptor, and see if it will power on. The laptop should power on normally without the battery as long as a working charger is plugged in and live.

Solution