Laptop won't turn on?

skateb0ardp

Prominent
Aug 14, 2017
I have an HP Pavilion, I've been using it since 2015. It runs smoothly still, but it does make annoying grinding noises during start up, usually atops after 4-5 reboots. Battery life drains quickly now, but other than that my laptop's performance is fine. Last night my laptop was making grinding noises while it was being used, this usually happens when i turn it off then the following day I use it. It happens when the weather gets really cold (-20 right now) So I turned it off and tried to reboot after a 6-9 tries it wouldn't go away, I decided to take the battery off. I don't know if my laptop was already drained and it only got worse when i took the battery out. It wouldn't start after I put it back, even when the charger is connected. I tried taking it out again, and try to turn it on with only the charger connected but it still doesnt work. I put it back again, and didin't use the charger. I woke up midnight to get some water when the fan turned itself on. It was faster than usual, and it didn't make any grinding noises. I think it was cooling itself or something. But the laptop wont still turn on even if I plug the charger in. Can someone help me?

skateb0ardp

Prominent
Aug 14, 2017
update : I left it again, the fans started running again, same as I described last night. But this time I tried to do something, taking the battery off and putting it back again, hold the power button for 30 seconds but when I put the battery back the fan immediately started running. Still no LED flashes whatsoever.