Laptop working but nothing happens

Jul 20, 2018
I would turn on my laptop and it would show the sign in screen, and when I would try signing in nothing happens. I've turned it off by holding the off button for at least 30 secoulnds then I would turn it back on and it's the same thing as before. It's as if all the buttons don't work, except the on button. Then if I get to type in the password, it would load for a little bit then the screen would turn black and I can only see the mouse.

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Don't know what OS your running but if it's Windows 10, hit the F11 on power up and when the splash screen loads select "repair". This is for Win 10, not sure if it's the same function on Win 7 or not. I know you can do the disk repair on either if you have a WIN 10 or 7 recovery CD handy. Boot off the CD and try the recovery option. If this doesn't help your windows installation is probably corrupted. Hoperfully you have a recent backup you can restore.

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Don't know what OS your running but if it's Windows 10, hit the F11 on power up and when the splash screen loads select "repair". This is for Win 10, not sure if it's the same function on Win 7 or not. I know you can do the disk repair on either if you have a WIN 10 or 7 recovery CD handy. Boot off the CD and try the recovery option. If this doesn't help your windows installation is probably corrupted. Hoperfully you have a recent backup you can restore.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sagar datt Laptop Tech Support 1
Haruki-Man Laptop Tech Support 5
M Laptop Tech Support 7
chaplark Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 2
tangomengo Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 0
B Laptop Tech Support 5
dipudangol Laptop Tech Support 8
Adnansattar Laptop Tech Support 6
N Laptop Tech Support 2