Laptops under £800

Peaks

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
I have been looking for a laptop for ages now. The thing that is getting me is that i cant seem to find a laptop for around the £800 mark with a decent graphics card. Gaming is not essential, its mainly for uni work. However, i will probably want to play games at some point so i don't want to get a laptop with an integrated card. Can anyone advice me on a decent laptop for around £800 with a reasonable GPU?

Peaks,

Peaks

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
I have already done one in another post but i will do it again....

1_What is your budget?
around the £800 mark

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.4"

3_What screen resolution do you want?
whatever is recommended

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
no

5_How much battery life do you need?
around 3 hours at least

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Dawn of War : Dark Crusade

Gaming isn't essential but i would like to avoid an integrated card

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)
Development
Movies
Web Surfing
Music

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
around 250GB

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
around 2 years

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Dell
Zoostorm
Sager

13_What country do you live in?
UK

dwellman

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2002
What about the MSI GX600 (Intel) or GX610 (AMD)?

EDIT: Yeah, should be able to get either (e.g. GX600-084UK-V) a shade under £800 including VAT. .

Peaks

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
I think you might have found the perfect laptop for me :)

Thanks for all your help. Would you guys recommend a site to buy it from. From MeshComputers.com it actually comes at a shade over £800 because you have to pay extra for the operating system. Not sure if i trust any of the other sites tho

Many thanks again

EDIT: that's the GX600 i am on about

dwellman

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2002