Laptops

Jul 2, 2019
I have an HP and it will not connect to the internet. Should I uninstall the Network and restart?

Not yet.

Have you tried using wired or wireless or both? Wireless sometimes needs to be turned on by a Function key or a physical switch.

If you can't get online with a wired connection, do any other machines in the house connect without a problem?

Jul 2, 2019
Not yet.

Have you tried using wired or wireless or both? Wireless sometimes needs to be turned on by a Function key or a physical switch.

If you can't get online with a wired connection, do any other machines in the house connect without a problem?
My
Not yet.

I can connect from my phone and my work desktop.

Jul 2, 2019
My

I can connect from my phone and my work desktop.
On one error message it says “ Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems. It worked fine until last night

Jul 2, 2019
Track it down using the PC you're use to post here to track down a driver, download it and update the device in Control Panel>Device Manager>Properties.
I am using my iPhone right now. My laptop won’t connect to the internet.

He used it to put up his most recent post, delmer1 but if Apple has an equivalent to an Android Hotspot, it might be an idea but, I suspect, an expensive.

I wouldn't like to go online using Windows 10 in a Hotspot when updates start invading. That download would cost huge money.

Jul 2, 2019
Is your phone connecting internet or not?
Yes. Everything else is even my work computer. I was uninstalling Avast and trying to install Mcafee. And that’s when it I got the message that my laptop was not connected to the internet.

Back in Device Manager>Properties, disable the device then uninstall it.

Restart the laptop and let the process identify a "new" device and Windows should be able to find a temporary driver that will allow Net access to fetch the proper one.