Large Hadron Collider Scientist is Aspiring Terrorist

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerjames

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Stuff like this is just scary. People were scared about this thing anyway, imagine if they knew someone in association with Al Qaeda was helping with it :p

G

"The Daily Mail" LMAO best used for toilet paper, for it's "immigrants are to blame for everything" stance and being very anti Europe. Ridiculed in the UK and of no journalistic integrity whatsoever. Also known as "The Daily Hiel"

G

"French officials sad that Hicheur had not yet carried out an attack, nor had it put in place the material to do so."

Geez, I know our relations with the french had been strained in recent years, but that they would be "sad" that an attack was not carried out is sad in itself. :)

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]jimmyjimmufungdung[/nom]"French officials sad that Hicheur had not yet carried out an attack, nor had it put in place the material to do so."Geez, I know our relations with the french had been strained in recent years, but that they would be "sad" that an attack was not carried out is sad in itself.[/citation]

All fixed, funny boy. ;)

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
who cares if the information was obtained illegally or otherwise. Fact is he is a scientist working on a secure and very sensitive facility with access to private areas and most likely signed more than one agreement related to security. His life is under a microscope already. More so than your average joe on the street. His expectation of privacy is not assumed.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
How does a nuclear scientist go so wrong? Not like he was a elementary school teacher... your average guy doesn't graduate with a degree in nuclear science. I wonder if he got that degree because he was a terrorist or if he got that degree and then became a terrorist. Hm.

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
Being a scientist means academic achievement that one has proved in one's particular field. A scientist can still be a useful idiot. Many Nazi scientists were deeply in belief of Nazi propaganda, and, in some cases, are Nazis themselves. Smart people they are, indeed, but wise they are not.

superblahman123

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
Ya know, considering the amount of information being revealed about why this guy is guilty and "admitted" do doing this, this could be some french cover-up for something more.... Conspiracy I say!

It could happen, think about it.

Needless to say though, now they'll be checking references of those working on the collider ;-)

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]How does a nuclear scientist go so wrong? Not like he was a elementary school teacher... your average guy doesn't graduate with a degree in nuclear science. I wonder if he got that degree because he was a terrorist or if he got that degree and then became a terrorist. Hm.[/citation]

If you read about Abdul Qadeer Khan, the Father of Pakistan's nuke, then you won't be surprised of that kind of mentality. Both Nazis and commies spent a lot of effort in radicalizing Muslims for the duration of 2/3 of last century. Take a look at Yuri Bezmenov's videos and you'll understand where'd that came from.

city_zen

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]warezme[/nom]who cares if the information was obtained illegally or otherwise.[/citation]
:O
Damn! The Patriot Act has already done more damage than I thought!

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
[citation][nom]JasonAkkerman[/nom]Wonderful. I guess now I can expect to be searched for black holes when I go through security at the airport.[/citation]
Oh they'll be searching your black holes alright...

tamalero

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
[citation][nom]WheelsOfConfusion[/nom]Oh they'll be searching your black holes alright...[/citation]
isnt the patriot act something about information INSIDE the US?
and being hable to detain anyone witouth questions or legal protections in the borders?

Status
Not open for further replies.