Las Vegas Strip Club Says 'No' to Google Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

anononon

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
I am not looking forward to these at all, yea they have their "cool" factor, however I feel these and other like devices will become more of a problem for everyone than anything. Last thing I want is MY pic taken, without my permission. TO have it uploaded to something like FB, where the original person who took the pic looses rights of ownership to the photo. Now only imagine how well that is going to work for the people who DONT want their pics taken. Let alone to show up on fb?

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
I'm just going to randomly say "OK Glass, record a video" when I'm looking at random people from now on. No glasses on of course, just trolling.

thomasjm52

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
What are all you guys doing to be so afraid of your picture randomly showing up in peoples pictures. Get out of your basements and enjoy the sun.

nukemaster

Distinguished

The same club that made me check my camera at the door...arrrgg what a world.

The article is more to point out that even before the product gets popular, it may already be banned all over.

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
It's not like miniature cameras are anything new. The technology to conceal a small camera has been around for years. There are cameras about the size of a coat button that are readily available. People are just becoming aware of the technology because anything with the Google name behind it get's a lot of press coverage.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
punahou1 yes, but that isn't the problem. Also, those kinds of cameras are not main stream. When is the last time you or someone else were looking for one at walmart or some other big retailer. The issue with Glass is that it will be a "trendy" thing that may catch on because it requires little effort to use when compared to something like a smartphone as you will be wearing it instead of holding it. It's a LOT easier to wear something like this for hours on end than it is to hold it up for the same amount of time. And if you are constantly wearing it and it is constantly taking pictures and or recording video, well you do the math it will be a privacy and legal nightmare for a LOT of people in major cities. Ask yourself, would you like to be filmed eating or doing anything else you normally do in public without your consent knowing that they will be able to do whatever they want with it?

fjfixer

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
With a slight modification google glass can be turned in to a type of x-ray specs although no x-rays would be used but instead infrared light which passes through thin man made fabrics and bounces off of your skin to reveal what is underneath to a camera modified to pick up infrared light.

nukemaster

Distinguished

This can be done with many video cameras. Since this is a strip club, you don't need that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.