Last Player Falls; Halo 2 Online is Officially Dead

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

znegval

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
This is a nice reminder that people shouldn't take the kind of crap that is imposed to them by the likes of Ubisoft and others. It's a matter of time until the content they enjoy is taken away from them.

reddragon72

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
I have the whole super mario series and zelda games on my Android phone. I also play diablo2 and Fable the lost chapters. Like I always say older games have better stories and gameplay because the devs didn't focus on just the graphics.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]thefog101[/nom]Agreed, i still play what is in my opinion is the best RTS ever, Age of Empires 2, sadly the last of the official servers hosting it went down a few years back[/citation]
I miss AOEII. Along with Rise of Nations they are my favorite RTS game.

jamesedgeuk2000

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
[citation][nom]poseidon2112[/nom]Remember Heat? I wish there was still a service like that which provided the framework for IPX network games.[/citation]

Heat, TEN, WON, MPlayer, Kali, Khan, Microsoft Zone, they have all fallen as the games they supported are "old" and newer games have on-line matchmaking ability's as standard

gamerjames

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
[citation][nom]eyemaster[/nom]I still play Counter Strike Source, so...[/citation]

More people play CS 1.6 and it came out 5-6 years before source

Imagine that

(arguably best multiplayer game ever)

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
I won a tournament on Heat, for funny enough Unreal Tournament. Lost in the first brackets and they had a loser bracket and won that. $75 :D I guess accepting their money took my amateur status away, lol...

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
This is another reason consoles suck. People are still running Quake 1 and Quake 2 servers for example. When you put the servers in the hands of a business like MS, they only want to promote the purchase of their next game so they'll shut down older games.

Long live PC Games with dedicated servers!

v1ze

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Clintonio[/nom]I don't see where you're coming from attacking them so much.[/citation]
He's projecting the feelings he has about himself.

madass

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]No not really, CS 1.6 is pretty much dying.And btw CSS isnt exactly a new game.[/citation]
In India, 1.6 is an inter-school tournament staple. So is UT 03 GOTY. So is NFS UG1. So is Crysis (with schools who can afford machine to run it at least....). I still enjoy playing NFS Most Wanted and Ghost Recon.

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
Its not dead..maybe on XBL but there will be people playing it on Xbox connect.So it will live on as long as people will want to play it.Im sure there are at least a few hundred people playing on xbc.

dbzpic1

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
I could have sworn listening to the Talkradar podcast that it was actually their website Gamesradar that offered them the Halo Reach beta keys..... They were given to them by Bungie to do what they wanted. So the site gave them to those guys still playing Halo 2.

drutort

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
lol i tried really hard to play TF classic, but some how at 1080 and 28" it looked horrible no matter that i turned up all the eye candy i could on the driver side... i cant really imagine playing other games.... even the new SC2, i dont like it, beta tested and no thx, even though the res is at 1080, you still cant zoom out far enough and having the cc take up literally the size of my head on a 28" is a shame cause i wish i could zoom out more, but it feels like its 640x480 just a lot sharper and more details :p

point being, sometimes keeping things original isnt all that great, i hope they wise up and let you zoom out or scale or something in sc2

now dues ex on steam, i might wana try that again ;) that was enjoyable like HL was

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS