Latest Rumors Point to 128 GB Gold iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

although i would never buy an iphone and gold is about the worst color imaginable for a phone, i still want this to happen, purely because i hope that it'll open a new, higher "tier" of storage options on phones.

i'm aware that there are 64gb phones with microsd-slots good for another 64gb, but it seems to be hard to even get your hands on a 64gb s4, or htc one, so having a (still) big player pushing it a little is very good in my book.

and please don't start me on _why_ i need 128gb in a phone, thank you! ;)

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
we all know that fans will go gaga over this one. Try whipping this out to where i live? In the next corner you'll find yourself with a knife pointing on your side.
I really hope they name the cheap ones 5C, C for cheap :)

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
I doubt Apple would release a gold iPhone. Gold is possibly the most gaudy, overly-flashy color your could make a phone and Apple's products have taken on a much more understated and minimalist design. Nobody at Apple would be caught dead with an aluminum MacBook Pro, aluminum and glass iPad, and a gold iPhone.

the1kingbob

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Ohhh... I see. iPhone 5C means cheap.... and here I was thinking it meant crap ;)... (really though, it means color right?) If the 5C is actually a cheap alternative and not just a iP5 with colors, I think it is going to bad for consumers. Some rumors point to Apple getting rid of the iP4 models so they can drive a larger profit margin off the 5C. Apple has filled the lower price points well with dated models, if the 5C is just a cheaper version, then it will likely be a re-branded 4 series that makes people feel special because Apple just released it.

poik

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Given the cost I don't see why 32GB isn't standard across the board. 64/128 are nice logical upgrade choices.
The Gold color would be HUGE in Asia.

xkm1948

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
I read somewhere states that the iphone gold is some kind of special catering for the rich Chinese. It seems Chinese really love the color.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
I was not expecting this to be an Iphone. They will not release a gold 'coloured' one. It would be way too tacky.

If they do it will be branded with some rich poncy company putting their name on it and it will be gold coated.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
That brings a new level of "The Gold Standard" but it's not Apple's vision. It's always been black, silver and white for most products.

Status
Not open for further replies.