Launch an app remotely

whatever61

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
I need an idea how to launch a batch file on a remote PC.

I know about the possibility to do a RDP connection and launch an app then. That seems to not work, it could be because I am using a simple Windows 7 RDP option (simply nothing happens).

Ideally I would not want to connect to the remote session, I just want that on the remote PC a file will be ran and that's it.

Thanks

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
yes but the app has to be on the remote pc and you have to be connected to it with remote access to run it.
getting remote access just requires you both to accept a connection. use the remote connection wizard on both systems.

anything other than that and your asking about hacking mate and i dont think thats allowed here.

whatever61

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
HEXiT, I appreciate your attempt to help, but either you did not understand the question, either you are not aware of the possibilities that there are out there.

I will clarify: I am trying to access MY OWN HOME SERVER (has nothing to do with hacking and OBVIOUSLY I have the correct user/pass to login. Remote wizard has also nothing to do with it, because I can obviously access my own home server via RDP connection long ago). I want to launch certain actions on my home server REMOTELY, without having the hassle of logging in and launching the app manually.

Thanks