Solved! Left side panel of laptop not working

Jan 5, 2019
I'm new to these kinds of forums so I will do my best to give as much information as needed. I have an HP laptop that recently had its battery replaced. I noticed that after I got it back, things on the side panel like my headphone jack and a USB port were no longer working. I have very little knowledge when it comes to the hardware of a computer, unfortunately. I've cleaned the port and headphone jack already and that didn't work. I've tried to enable the headphones through the sound control board but it will not let me. I know it's not my headphones because it won't even recognize them when plugged in, it just continues to play through the speaker.

2sidedpolygon

Proper
Jul 1, 2018
As far as I'm aware, a laptop's I/O is connected directly to the board, so the only real explanation I have is whoever installed the new battery somehow damaged it. Maybe they forgot to unplug it/turn it off when installing the new battery or something along those lines. There's really not much to be done about it, I'm afraid.

2sidedpolygon

Proper
Jul 1, 2018
As far as I'm aware, a laptop's I/O is connected directly to the board, so the only real explanation I have is whoever installed the new battery somehow damaged it. Maybe they forgot to unplug it/turn it off when installing the new battery or something along those lines. There's really not much to be done about it, I'm afraid.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Laptop Tech Support 1
GJG10 Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
9 Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
V Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
kaotictherium Laptop Tech Support 2