Question Legacy comp surround system

May 15, 2022
Silly questions! I know next to nothing about audio systems...

I have two old computer surround systems, one Soundblaster, the other Logitech. Looking to recycle some of them...

The Soundblaster sub out to source is 4x 3.5 audio jacks (black, green, grey, orange) and they terminate in 3x 3.5mm jacks (black, green, orange) meant to connect to source (computer). It also has a USB port. (?) The 7x satellite speakers are all RCA in.

The Logitech sub has 3x 3.5mm out to source (also black, green, orange). It has only 4x RCA speakers.

Any point to e.g., buying a 3x female to male 3.5 jack, and then a 1x3.5mm female to 2x RCA white red to plug into a bar TV? Would that work?

Alternatively, cuz off the 3x3.5mm black, green, orange jacks and add on RCAs?

Looking to use these in my bar for watching games. Deciding whether these old things can be used or are just junk really...

Cheers,
Aes

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
Silly questions! I know next to nothing about audio systems...

Looking to use these in my bar for watching games. Deciding whether these old things can be used or are just junk really...

Cheers,
Aes

Most motherboards have pretty decent onboard audio, and chances are these sound cards use legacy (32-bit) PCI and are worse than current generational audio. So aside from very specialized applications, they'd best be put on eBay or recycled literally.

Most surround setups for PCs use an external amplifier that has surround inputs.

I used to use quadraphonic surround for my gaming, but needing to run all the cables got quite annoying. If you want surround for watching TV, your best bet is a dedicated amplifier like the harman kardon HK3370.