'Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds' Hands-On

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007

Me too. Link to the Past was my first game on SNES (got it bundled) and only game for a long time. Played the crap out of it and it was awesome.

This looks to be a great addition to that game series.

Now we just need to figure out the Zelda timeline as we all know that's just messed up since LttP is supposed to happen before or after or sometime somewhere somehow.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Actually, "innovation" and going against the traditional formula is where the Wii titles went wrong. Sword swinging with the Wiimote? Imprecise, thanks a lot I love to flail in the living room. Ditching exploration for more linear gameplay to tell the story. How will the exciting plot progress? Maybe someone named Zelda is kidnapped by a guy in black clothing and a guy in green clothing saves her? Honestly they could probably redo Link to the Past's maps and still make a million off it, but Ninty feels the need to constantly "innovate" at the risk of damaging the formula. I loved LttP, but this direct sequel is starting to make me uneasy. The usual formula has been replaced with renting your equipment and going to any dungeon you want. This sounds like it's gone too far in the opposite direction, now we get a lot of choice and exploration with no forced direction, but that would be at the cost of the game's flow. The feeling of solving the dungeon, getting a new item, and using it to open new areas lends the gamer a sense of accomplishment. Zelda titles are still pretty solidly created so I'll still pick it up, I'm just not sure it's going to be all it can be.

jennywelfare1

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
like Jesse explained I cannot believe that anyone able to earn $8377 in 4 weeks on the computer. my explanation.......... WWW.JOBS61.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.