Lenova Laptop not powering on

ragavendra_m

Estimable
Dec 3, 2015
lenovo b460e laptop is not powering on.
LED in charger shows no issue, as soon as i plug into the laptop charging port, LED in charger starts to blink continuously. I changed LAPTOP battery , still it is not powering up.secret power button solution will work or i have short circuit issue in laptop ?

Hi,

Do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in resolving the issue.

- Do a hard reset first, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and try booting it up.
- If this will not work, connect an external monitor while the laptops is on. If you'll get a display from it press the Windows key + P at the same time and select Disconnect Projector or Display Only and press Enter, see if you'll get the display back onto the built in display.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM, take them all off for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly into each slot.
- Another troubleshooting step you may want to do is to try another AC adapter because it may just be a case of a bad AC adapter.
- If all these will not work that means it's a problem with the motherboard then.

ragavendra_m

Estimable
Dec 3, 2015
hi ,
I tried changing the charger as well. Its not display issue. its not powering up at all. any possible method to find short circuit in lap power socket ? It not powering with a battery that has power as well.

Regards,
Ragavendra