Lenova think pad laptop - got cut off in the middle of updating the system

Apr 13, 2018
my laptop ran out of power in the middle of updating the drive, now it's only a black screen even the pc is on, what should i do to turn the screen back on? help :'(
this is a work laptop, think my work is gonna be very angry with me.

Solution
Updating what drive

And forgive me for saying this, but isn't the IT supposed to push updates to your computer instead of updating yourself?
Apr 13, 2018

hi, the update message popped up on my screen , so i click yes to update, carry on working away for a while then my batter almost running out, went and look for my charger , had a power cut , my laptop went dead and black, tried to turned it back on and have the black screen only.
you are right, most of the time update only can be done by IT, but this time click run and it started updating.

Apr 13, 2018

no , i didn't but it ran out of battery and went dead, couldn't charge the laptop on time as i had a power cut at the same time for about half an hour.
can't believe this is happening to me , i tried to switched it on and press F12 a few times with no luck, have you got any useful solution' might help?
thanks

J

Apr 13, 2018

No, i can only hear the fan running and the laptop is on but the screen is blank, nothing .
Is there any thing I can do to make it work again , have I lost all my data ls and program on that pc ?

okcnaline

Honorable
Herald
Nov 17, 2013

Your hard drive may be okay; the BIOS isn't. Your IT can get your data back but they also will have to replace your PC. Next time be more careful about updating anything.