Lenovo Computer Won't Turn On

JessiLaakso

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
So, I had to reboot my Lenovo laptop, and after it had rebooted a while it said that there was a problem with the reboot. After that happened, my computer hasn't been working at all. I can turn it on, and it shows the Lenovo logo for a while. Then it goes all black, and shows the logo again. This goes on and on, and nothing else happens. Is my computer done for real?

Solution
I wouldn't say that your computer is "done for" or even that any parts need replacing. On startup, if you hold the F8 key, a message should pop up. the topmost option, a recovery/startup repair wizard, may make the start-up work. In that same menu, there might be options for "recovery," "backup," etc. to restore your computer back to an earlier point in time. These, in addition, could potentially solve your problem.

If holding F8 does absolutely nothing and the laptop continues its "boot loop," you might want to contact Lenovo support.

Hope this helps,

RandomGuy42

RandomGuy42

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
I wouldn't say that your computer is "done for" or even that any parts need replacing. On startup, if you hold the F8 key, a message should pop up. the topmost option, a recovery/startup repair wizard, may make the start-up work. In that same menu, there might be options for "recovery," "backup," etc. to restore your computer back to an earlier point in time. These, in addition, could potentially solve your problem.

If holding F8 does absolutely nothing and the laptop continues its "boot loop," you might want to contact Lenovo support.

Hope this helps,

RandomGuy42

Solution