Solved! lenovo e580 battery

.valkyrie.

Great
Nov 29, 2018
hey guys
i just bought a new e580 , i5 , rx 550

i'm not sure how long the battety last, but it did drop from 80 to 27 in 3 hour with Brightness lvl 30%
wifi off
just watching a 480P movie!

then i got a 6% battery low and after 2-3 min laptop shut down by itself

is it normal for a new laptop?
doesnt this laptop suppose to last 13 hour? i doubt it even last for 5 hour

Solution
"doesnt this laptop suppose to last 13 hour?"

Manufacturer's specs say "up to 13 hours" which is the max it will last when laptop is idle, not playing videos. Laptop manufacturer's claims for battery life bear little resemblance to "real world" use anyway and are intended only as a guide when comparing different models.

Leave the laptop on but doing nothing (except running Windows) and battery life will be much nearer to 13 hours -- no way are you going to getting that when playing videos or other resource-intensive tasks

Manufacturer's specs say "up to 13 hours" which is the max it will last when laptop is idle, not playing videos. Laptop manufacturer's claims for battery life bear little resemblance to "real world" use anyway and are intended only as a guide when comparing different models.

Leave the laptop on but doing nothing (except running Windows) and battery life will be much nearer to 13 hours -- no way are you going to getting that when playing videos or other resource-intensive tasks

Reactions: .valkyrie.
Solution

.valkyrie.

Great
Nov 29, 2018

i dont expect it to past 13 hour
but what about 8:30 on reviews? mine is 4-5 hour on low brightness

.valkyrie.

Great
Nov 29, 2018
If you think there is an issue with the battery, and it's a new system, contact Lenovo support.

Your system has the RX 550 video card, did that review system you checked have the same card? What is the time you get from 100%? Should be around 7hrs with only a video playing.
yea the review was with i7+rx 550
mine is i5+rx 550

they did change my battery
since i couldnt stay there for full video playback test, we did try Stress test

on old Battery , it was 1 hour and 1min from 95 to 7% and off
on new battery , 1 hour and 38 min from 94 to 8% and No off
stress test done with max brighness and 100% cpu usage untile widows limit it to 83 from 12% battery or so

right now, i am looking for a app to limit battery charge to 40-60% for FULL AC PLUGED IN mode

i remmebr my Z500 had such an app, which did limit it to 60%
any idea how to do so? i couldnt fins that anymore

yea the review was with i7+rx 550
mine is i5+rx 550

they did change my battery
since i couldnt stay there for full video playback test, we did try Stress test

on old Battery , it was 1 hour and 1min from 95 to 7% and off
on new battery , 1 hour and 38 min from 94 to 8% and No off
stress test done with max brighness and 100% cpu usage untile widows limit it to 83 from 12% battery or so

right now, i am looking for a app to limit battery charge to 40-60% for FULL AC PLUGED IN mode

i remmebr my Z500 had such an app, which did limit it to 60%
any idea how to do so? i couldnt fins that anymore

The laptop vendor should have battery utilities. I know Lenovo has a power manager utility but not sure what models and operating system it can work with.