Nov 16, 2022
HP Envy x360 15m-ee0023dx
Windows 10 64-bit

2 years old

This has happened twice so far, first time I thought maybe I forgot to plug it in

First time, I turned my laptop off for the night at 30ish percent battery, and didn't use it until the next evening. It turned on, but immediately said battery dangerously low and it shut off. I plugged it in and turned it on a few minutes later and it was charging at 15%

I've used it daily since then, with no issues until last night when I was using it and it was in the 30s, then it turned off suddenly. I turned it on, all my tabs were still open, but the battery was at 0%. I plugged it in and let it charge back

I have battery saver mode go on at 20%, and that's when I plug it in. I use it but I don't unplug it til it's at 100%. Rinse and repeat. It has a lot of days where it charges without being used. I have no issues with charging at all, it does it quickly (not too quickly) and holds it for several hours of moderate use

Laptop is two years old and gets used daily, but never leaves my room/bed. Just social media or messaging or watching shows

Does this sound like a battery issue or is my laptop dying on me already? I'm not very technologically inclined so I don't want to get into its inner workings (whether hardware or bios stuff or whatever) unless I have to. But if this is just as simple as getting a new battery then I'll do that

I've had this happen on multiple devices (Windows Laptop, Android Tablet and Smartphone). I don't think it so much an issue with the device as it is with failing to update the reported battery availability. Every time this happened to me, I've plugged the unit it, turned it back on and it worked without further issue.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just start saving your work (if any) when you battery drops below 30% or so.

-Wolf sends

Nov 16, 2022
I've had this happen on multiple devices (Windows Laptop, Android Tablet and Smartphone). I don't think it so much an issue with the device as it is with failing to update the reported battery availability. Every time this happened to me, I've plugged the unit it, turned it back on and it worked without further issue.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just start saving your work (if any) when you battery drops below 30% or so.

-Wolf sends
I haven't heard of that before. Is there anything I can do to fix? I know the laptop force shutting off is bad for it if it happens too often

I did hp's battery diagnostic and it said weak when it was at 70% but then it was fine at 90%. Don't know if that means anything or indicates an issue or not. 467/1000 cycles

Really hoping it's just a glitch, as annoying as it is!