Lenovo Erazer X510 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamhagh

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
how much would making this cost?(making it myself , with lets say a decent HAF cooler master case !?!!,i don't know what motherboard+ram it is !)

MikeB513x

Estimable
Oct 27, 2014
@ Kamhagh- It's got a Lenovo MOBO with a factory green PCB. Unfortunatley this PC comes with a "one key overclocking button" on the case near the power button and because of this the BIOS are very limiting(meaning you cannot fine tune your overclock or even mess with it at all). You have 3 options with the overclocking software which range from 3.5ghz to 4.2 ghz, going any higher then that with the CPU aircooled heatsink would not be recommended anyway. The RAM is just 1600 mhz factory lenovo RAM as well I believe. (2 dimms @ 8GB/ea.)

BattleBot9001

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
I got mine on sale for 1050$. It came with a mouse, keyboard, two 8 GB Ram chips, so two slots open. A 250 GB SSD, a 2TB hard drive and a GTX 650. I got the smaller Graphics Card so I could sell it and add a GTX980 or 2 because its SLi and crossfire ready but the 650 is not. There's a really nice PSU rated at 625 watts 80+ bronze even though it adds up to 650. Two 6 pins and one two pin, plus a few others P5's and a P3 not used, Even though I have the Hot swap drive with a 1TB and the inner bay with a 1 TB drive. So its got power to spare. The third Sata 3 data cable slot isn't even hooked up. I already had a USB Blu ray burner USB 2.0 and I can't notice a slow down at all. I ran Fay cry 3 at Ultra settings and it looked great but godrays made it a little slower, without overclocking the GPU or CPU. You can upgrade this for awhile and by the time its outdated one would just buy a whole new system all together. I really didn't want to mess with over clocking, water cooling, and the USB 3.0 hubs let me run hard drives to any computer I want super fast. I mean I was getting a solid 400MB/s HD to HD transfer and The old drive is still configured for windows 7. This thing is whisper quiet and has a ton of fans. The only time it heated up was a benchmark test that lasted 20+ minutes.The colors are selectable by button and have nothing to do with over clocking. The software picks the CPU speed. I also just bought a blue tooth dongle for less that 20$'s and it runs any thing, wireless speakers, head set, keyboard, even a ps4 controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.