Lenovo Flex 15 Battery Life

sn0zb0z

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
I have the Lenovo Flex 15 (with AMD processor) laptop and I'm not sure if the battery is up to the standard it should be. It's brand new.

How long should it take to charge to 100% from very low battery?

How long should it last if you're just surfing the web (no videos or online games)?

Also, should it have been charged for a set length of time before first use?

I had my laptop charging for hours and it was at 100% with 6 hours 57 minutes when I turned it on. That's the highest time I've seen.

I had Facebook up but wasn't really doing anything on it and my mobile was charging through USB for most of the time. The battery only lasted a few hours! My last laptop could have managed as long and that has problems charging and holding charge.

The screen brightness is quite low.

Thanks.

Solution
Have you tried to switch your laptop from high performance mode into battery saving mode? And how long does it run with your mobile connected to be charged? If you haven't then I think it's normal for your battery to last about 2 hours...

violachan

Estimable
May 24, 2014
Have you tried to switch your laptop from high performance mode into battery saving mode? And how long does it run with your mobile connected to be charged? If you haven't then I think it's normal for your battery to last about 2 hours...

Solution

sn0zb0z

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
It has been set to maximum battery life the whole time.

It lasted 2-3 hours. It seems it does go down a fair bit faster with the phone on charge. Just seems odd to me that it lasts as long as my old laptop with problems. I expected a new laptop up to 9 hours battery life to last longer than a laptop thats a few years old, has an overheating problem and battery/charge problem and never had more than about 3 or 4 hours battery life.

sn0zb0z

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
The laptop battery didn't last anywhere near as long as it should even when hardly doing anything so looks like a faulty battery and the laptop has been returned.