Lenovo G50-70 only turns on when plugged in

AmyNah12

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017
My Lenovo G50-70 ( which is about 3 years old now ) refuses to turn on on battery.

The battery is fully charged and functional ( tried it on another pc and it worked perfectly well ), HWMonitor also shows that the wear level is of 28% only.

The only way for me to use my pc is to plug it in with the power cord, as it shuts down instantly if I unplug it.

I have tried turning it off, taking the battery out, pressing the start button etc... but nothing worked. And the outer connectors don't look damaged. I even used another battery, but same results.

The only thing I could think of is a problem with the battery/motherboard connectors.

Has anyone ever experienced this ? Any ideas on how to fix it ?

Thank you in advance !

Solution
1. Remove charger and battery now press and hold power button for 20-30 seconds to reset and discharge laptop now reconnect everything and boot up as normal to see if it works.

2. If step one fails, then remove battery, connect charger and power on and enter bios and note down the bios version, now go to lenovo website and see if you have the latest version of the bios. If not download the latest version, don't use if they offer it the executable type update that works from within windows. Use the one that needs to placed on a flash drive which updates bios before booting into windows. Lenovo should have steps on how to do this via flash drive.

3. Its also a good step to now follow STEP 1 even after successful bios update.

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
1. Remove charger and battery now press and hold power button for 20-30 seconds to reset and discharge laptop now reconnect everything and boot up as normal to see if it works.

2. If step one fails, then remove battery, connect charger and power on and enter bios and note down the bios version, now go to lenovo website and see if you have the latest version of the bios. If not download the latest version, don't use if they offer it the executable type update that works from within windows. Use the one that needs to placed on a flash drive which updates bios before booting into windows. Lenovo should have steps on how to do this via flash drive.

3. Its also a good step to now follow STEP 1 even after successful bios update.

Solution