Lenovo G50-80, anyone?

iNarek94

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
I'm thinking on buying this laptop, it's 550$ now at lenovo shop, 80E501J1US model. I haven't used any of lenovo's products so i would appreciate if anyone who has had experience in using this particular laptop or can give me an advice would answer. Also i would like to mention that i'm searching for a more or less thin/light/portable laptop with an i5/i7 cpu (5th generation would be great) and that looks and feels nice. Will be using it for reading (a lot), browsing, MS Office apps AND programming on C++, Matlab (main activity will be programming and reading). I do not need heavy graphics, as i play only few games which require one and i play them on my Desktop PC. But being able to play some mini games (like BigFish's or Alawar's hidden objects or Don't Starve or platformers like that) would be awesome (guess HD5500 can handle it easily). Sorry if this was too much info, just want to make an optimal choice :) Oh and btw, a price range of up to around 600$ would be great.

Solution
Just bought the G50-45 for a friend. The build quality is good, the Windows 8.1 install dragged the pc to it's knees. So after a quick backup of the system partition to a 8GB USB, you can't do to DVD's. I deleted all the partitions, about 6 ? Put a vanilla build of Windows 8.1 using the drivers found on the recovery partition and it's working extremely well. I also paid for 3 year extended warranty, as user is a bit clumsy and broke the last one.

An i5 is more than enough, but get a model with an SSD or put one of your own in.

das_stig

Distinguished
Just bought the G50-45 for a friend. The build quality is good, the Windows 8.1 install dragged the pc to it's knees. So after a quick backup of the system partition to a 8GB USB, you can't do to DVD's. I deleted all the partitions, about 6 ? Put a vanilla build of Windows 8.1 using the drivers found on the recovery partition and it's working extremely well. I also paid for 3 year extended warranty, as user is a bit clumsy and broke the last one.

An i5 is more than enough, but get a model with an SSD or put one of your own in.

Solution