Lenovo g505s is not charging​/working​ without battery

Lapaua

Prominent
May 15, 2017
Hello, I have a Lenovo G505s for about three years and this morning it was working perfectly. I turned it off after a night downloading and went with it to work. I plugged it in and it was charging for a while then it stopped and this process repeated few times. Now I can barely turn it on because the battery is flat... Without battery I can sometimes turn it on and I get to login to Windows but then it stops charging/turns off the laptop... The charger indicator is flashing or completely not showing the plugged in charger. I tried to switch the thicker part of a charger (the one that connects into the adapter with 3 iron connectors) but no luck. Im very desperate because i need to finish a project saved on my computer within 2weeks... Any help would be much appreciated :) (pardon my English)

Edit: sometimes it charges to like 40-60% than it stops. Guess adapter is the culprit :D I'll try to buy a new one or borrow one and update. :)

It sounds like you are going to need a new battery. Which is not shocking if the device is that old. I am surprised you haven't needed a new one sooner.

Just be careful with what you get. While aftermarket items are great for some things, not so much for laptop batteries. Be sure you get exactly what you need. And make sure the place you get it from has a good return policy should the new battery not function correctly.

Lapaua

Prominent
May 15, 2017

Well battery depletes really quickly... but thats the problem since the time i bought the Laptop. I usually dont use the battery. The computer is not gettin any power from the adapter... so even when i take the battery out and connect the adapter its not gettin any power. So i guess I'll need a new one. Got one ordered it'll arrive this afternoon. I'll update once i'll have it at home and tested out :)

Anyway I much appreciate your reply ^^ @webworkings

Mar 13, 2018

I am also facing similar kind of problem. My laptop model is lenovo G500s and when i plug in then it takes charge and the other time it doesn't. If i leave the charger plugged in the the two led's in the front blink together for a sec or 2 and then again laptop looks dead with no reaction. Is your problem solved? Kindly help with your suggestions.

Lapaua

Prominent
May 15, 2017

I just somehow managed to burn down my charger input inside my laptop. Replacing it solved the issue. :)