Solved! Lenovo IdeaPad C340 won't turn on at all.

Mar 8, 2020
Recently my water bottle leaked through my bag and my laptop got a bit wet due to the damp material. The water wasn't fully spilling on to the laptop, it was seeping through a part in my bag, so it got a little bit wet on the bottom (the hinges, probably some ports near the back end) and now it won't turn on. It's important to note that I got this laptop yesterday and have only turned it on once before, then I turned it off and left it to charge. Only parts up to the back fan could have been affected, and even then the water wasn't running down the laptop, it was just collecting at the bottom of my bag.

The power button doesn't do anything, and if I connect the charger, a little LED light cycles between flashing, fading, and staying on for a minute or two seemingly at random. I didn't turn the laptop on this morning so I'm not sure if this issue was due to the spill or a faulty charger/battery.

How can I fix this?

Solution
Like it or not, it sounds like more water/moisture got into it than you are thinking did and something got damaged.

If you didn't open it up to dry, remove the battery and charger (and anything else attached) and leave it to dry for hours or even days (depending on the amount of water that 'could' have gotten in, and then tried to power it on or charge it, then it is very likely there was something fried.

If this is a brand new device I would say 'ouch' and that it needs to be looked at. Considering it is water, it likely voided the warranty. You can try still contacting the place of purchase or the manufacturer, but they likely would want a large fee. Or you can try a local tech and have them do the work.
Like it or not, it sounds like more water/moisture got into it than you are thinking did and something got damaged.

If you didn't open it up to dry, remove the battery and charger (and anything else attached) and leave it to dry for hours or even days (depending on the amount of water that 'could' have gotten in, and then tried to power it on or charge it, then it is very likely there was something fried.

If this is a brand new device I would say 'ouch' and that it needs to be looked at. Considering it is water, it likely voided the warranty. You can try still contacting the place of purchase or the manufacturer, but they likely would want a large fee. Or you can try a local tech and have them do the work.

Solution