Lenovo ideapad y510p problems. Please help!

Magnusp

Estimable
Apr 6, 2014
Bought a new laptop a week ago, it's a lenovo ideapad y510p with GT755 SLI, 24gb ssd, 16gb ram. First i experienced a sound issue. The issue is that when i plug in headphones the sound is unbalanced, like louder from the right side than the left. I tried everything, reinstalled drivers, tweaking settings etc. If i move the balance of sound to the left with sound manager the sound is balancing but the volume is lower and there's still no "surround effect".

My next problem is worse. I installed w8.1 and suddenly my programs started freezing, forcing me to turn the computer off manually. On restart the computer is not normal, takes a long time to get to desktop, icons not showing straight away and stuff. Most times when i try to open a program when i have reached desktop the freezing appears again/or unable to open programs, and i have to shut it off. In the end i get lucky and the computer is working perfectly.. Until i have to restart it eventually and the problem starts again. When i just put the computer in sleep state it still works as it should when i turn it on again, but in the end windows will have me restart the computer for updates, i mean i have to restart the computer sometimes so the problem can't be ignored. I have tried to format the pc with one key recovery so i am running normal w8 now, but the problem is still there. Pretty pissed right now, is there a way to fix this or is repairs the only option here? Gutted, since i just got it afters months of back and forth repairs with my previous computer..

Solution
If you've upgraded the OS from Windows 8 to 8.1, in many cases you also need to update most of the drivers to Windows 8.1-compatible ones. If Windows 8.1 is supported on your laptop model, get the 8.1 drivers from here:
http://support.lenovo.com/en_GB/#
If you've upgraded the OS from Windows 8 to 8.1, in many cases you also need to update most of the drivers to Windows 8.1-compatible ones. If Windows 8.1 is supported on your laptop model, get the 8.1 drivers from here:
http://support.lenovo.com/en_GB/#

Solution

Magnusp

Estimable
Apr 6, 2014

I thought windows would inform me about installing drivers if i installed w8.1, but well, i'll try to do that as soon as i get home. I have seen others struggling with freezing on this computer, in 8.1 aswell, and that the ssd disk is causing the problems. Thanks for answering me, the lenovo support completely ignored me on their official forums..