Lenovo Laptop Freezing and Won’t open programs

Feb 28, 2018
Hi

I would like it if someone could have me i have a Lenovo B50-45
AMD A8
4gb, it’s been fine since i have bought it three years ago now it seems to be really struggling with opening programs they seem to crash, once i finally close the program after it not responding it won’t open any other program and won’t let me open anything. I have booted it into safe mode and it seems to be okay, any suggestions?

Thanks

Evan

Solution
If it runs OK in "Safe Mode" then I would say you either have something on it that you don't want (bad program, virus, malware, etc.) that needs to be removed to fix the problem. You have programs running from the start (when Windows first starts) which don't need to be and are using your resources. Or you have to much stuff on the computer that certain programs have to wade through to run (like history, cache, etc. in say a browser). In this case you would need to remove the program(s) that are causing the issue or clear the excess stuff that certain programs are keeping on the computer.

Now if none of the above works/helps, or you just want to get it resolved, you could always back up what you want to keep to an external drive...
If it runs OK in "Safe Mode" then I would say you either have something on it that you don't want (bad program, virus, malware, etc.) that needs to be removed to fix the problem. You have programs running from the start (when Windows first starts) which don't need to be and are using your resources. Or you have to much stuff on the computer that certain programs have to wade through to run (like history, cache, etc. in say a browser). In this case you would need to remove the program(s) that are causing the issue or clear the excess stuff that certain programs are keeping on the computer.

Now if none of the above works/helps, or you just want to get it resolved, you could always back up what you want to keep to an external drive, etc., and do a reset on the computer.

Solution
Mar 2, 2018
I've got 5 such laptops in my office and 2 of them freezes. I cant move mouse, open anything, even teamviewer is not responding, but if i wait 2-3 minutes - its ok, everything starts to work again.
I dont know what it is (microsoft update against spectre\meltdown, or another updates). Laptops are freshly installed, clean, all updates are up to date.

Mar 2, 2018
Well, I found solution for me. 1) Disable auto updates for drivers 2) download AMD Clenaup Utility 3)run that tool to clean all video drivers 4) reboot 5) download old and the once video driver for my notebook b50-45 from lenovo support (version of year 2016 ) 6) install it and now passed 6 PCMarks benchmarks - laptop is ok.