Lenovo laptop sound issue.

Mica__

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017
Volume slows right down on Lenovo 110 laptop to the point of having no other option than to completely shut the laptop down. Just now it did it again but the sound was playing out loud rather than through my plugged in headphones. I've tried to troubleshoot the issue but it just searches the problem on a loop never stopping, like there's a fault with that too.

Solution
Try the simple things like updating (flashing) the UEFI (BIOS). Do this by visiting the motherboard manufacturer's website; or Lenovo's as applicable. Then update the Audio driver. The make and model can be found in Device Manager (Control Panel), and also by downloading and running the free version of SPECCY.

Let us know.
Try the simple things like updating (flashing) the UEFI (BIOS). Do this by visiting the motherboard manufacturer's website; or Lenovo's as applicable. Then update the Audio driver. The make and model can be found in Device Manager (Control Panel), and also by downloading and running the free version of SPECCY.

Let us know.

Solution

Mica__

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017

What do I do with "SPECCY"?

"SPECCY" is a free (paid version too with enhanced capabilities) program that will tell you details of the hardware within the computer; good details and specs (Speccy). Components makes and models. Try it.

I use it often on my computers at home.