Lenovo Legion Go 2 and Asus ROG Ally 2 are coming soon — 5 things I want to see

Fifth313ment

Estimable
Feb 24, 2020
Man this article is so bad it's hard to read. OLED for gaming just doesn't work IMO. Those recent results of thr steam deck burn-in with such a short time is scary to say the least. So I'm happy my Legion Go is IPS LCD. And most of these devices come with cases, the steam deck and legion go both come with nice, high quality cases. I agree with the complaint about windows 11 but it's still better than SteamOS as you can play everything without crazy mods or tweaks. Windows 11 needs an actual gaming version. I turned my version into one by removing almost everything and every app, disabling a ton of stuff and tweaking it like crazy.

I also agree with the battery size as they could have done much larger in the legion go. Also their needs to be a standard for egpus (external GPUs). I mean a format standard as right now on the legion go it goes through USB 4 type c but a lot of eGPUs now have occulink which is way faster. I have the onexgpu and it's amazing with my Legion Go. I get 2.5x the performance of my OG Legion go on the internal LCD but 3.2x on an external monitor. And it's as simple as unplugging the egpu and taking off.

One of the biggest issues with some of these devices, such as the legion go, is the vertical screen type used which is causing issues with the recent AMD frame generation updates. The Legion Go is amazing and it's amazing to play any game I want with close to ultra settings with the eGPU and mid with internal gfx. Just my thoughts.

Apr 25, 2024
Man this article is so bad it's hard to read. OLED for gaming just doesn't work IMO. Those recent results of thr steam deck burn-in with such a short time is scary to say the least. So I'm happy my Legion Go is IPS LCD. And most of these devices come with cases, the steam deck and legion go both come with nice, high quality cases. I agree with the complaint about windows 11 but it's still better than SteamOS as you can play everything without crazy mods or tweaks. Windows 11 needs an actual gaming version. I turned my version into one by removing almost everything and every app, disabling a ton of stuff and tweaking it like crazy.

I also agree with the battery size as they could have done much larger in the legion go. Also their needs to be a standard for egpus (external GPUs). I mean a format standard as right now on the legion go it goes through USB 4 type c but a lot of eGPUs now have occulink which is way faster. I have the onexgpu and it's amazing with my Legion Go. I get 2.5x the performance of my OG Legion go on the internal LCD but 3.2x on an external monitor. And it's as simple as unplugging the egpu and taking off.

One of the biggest issues with some of these devices, such as the legion go, is the vertical screen type used which is causing issues with the recent AMD frame generation updates. The Legion Go is amazing and it's amazing to play any game I want with close to ultra settings with the eGPU and mid with internal gfx. Just my thoughts.
I've heard the Deck even runs games better if Windows is installed on it. KDE (steamos desktop interface) is horribly optimized for touch screens, makes Windows 11's desktop interface look like it was tablet focused. Linux has always sucked on desktop, and always will. The OLED screen on the deck is literally worse than the screen on a Galaxy S4.