Lenovo S410p non-touchscreen or Lenovo Flex14? Which is worth?

Solution
Well, it depends on what you're looking for out your laptop. The flex is all about being a mobile machine, whereas s410p os more powerful. Generally with a non-touch model vs a touch model, think like this:

Two equivalently priced models are placed side by side; one has touch: the other does not. At the price point, the touch model had to find the funds for a touchscreen somewhere, right? So it takes funds from the power budget. As such, the non-touch model is more powerful, but it also doesn't have touch.

LummusMaximus

Honorable
Well, it depends on what you're looking for out your laptop. The flex is all about being a mobile machine, whereas s410p os more powerful. Generally with a non-touch model vs a touch model, think like this:

Two equivalently priced models are placed side by side; one has touch: the other does not. At the price point, the touch model had to find the funds for a touchscreen somewhere, right? So it takes funds from the power budget. As such, the non-touch model is more powerful, but it also doesn't have touch.

Solution

eudon28

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014

Hi LummusMaximus, since its running on windows 8, do you think its only logical to get the flex or it really doesnt matter in terms of touch? because ive been told that once in desktop mode i wont be using the touch much, but i thought it might come in handy?

LummusMaximus

Honorable

Well, in windows, the only thing you'll really be using the touchscreen for is the 'modern interface', because as of the moment most applications haven't actually integrated touch support in a meaningful way. You'd also have to upscale everything with touch; I have friends with windows tablets and it amuses me to watch them take half a minute to close a window, then give up and use their attached touchpad.