Lenovo t440 screen not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ume0673

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
My Lenovo T440 thinkpad screen is not working. The laptop itself starts up and i even heat noises when i press buttons. I have tried the shift and F8 method and the remove tve adapter and battery merhod

Try this...

1. Turn off the laptop (off not hibernate or sleep).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

Can you see everything fine on the external monitor?

If yes you can, then the attached display or the ribbon cable that connects it are your problem.

If no, you can't see on the external monitor either, then the graphics card/GPU is probably the issue and will need replacing (you may need to replace the motherboard as well).

NOTE: Before opening up the device to do any work yourself, or have anyone else do the work, make sure that the device is no longer under warranty. If it is under warranty, you don't want to void that so contact the manufacturer first.

Try this...

1. Turn off the laptop (off not hibernate or sleep).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

Can you see everything fine on the external monitor?

If yes you can, then the attached display or the ribbon cable that connects it are your problem.

If no, you can't see on the external monitor either, then the graphics card/GPU is probably the issue and will need replacing (you may need to replace the motherboard as well).

NOTE: Before opening up the device to do any work yourself, or have anyone else do the work, make sure that the device is no longer under warranty. If it is under warranty, you don't want to void that so contact the manufacturer first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Laptop Tech Support 1
im.wak_su Laptop Tech Support 0
K Laptop Tech Support 0
benjahsana Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 0
F Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1