Lenovo Y50-70 noise

Martin_121

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
I recorded it using phone here : http://vocaroo.com/i/s1zsCMGAP1PS
Play it with high volume settings. My laptop is quiet until fan spins. When fan is running with low rpm it is doing that noise. Sometimes it is making also rattling sound. I think that fan bearing is failing, but i would like to hear your opinions. What else it could be ?

Solution
I see. Then the only fix would be replacing the fan. If the laptop is under warranty, you should try the manufacturer. Let them know the fan is acting up and see if they will replace it.
It doesn't sound that loud to me, however if it is worrying you I would try installing and running some monitoring software. Have it monitor the speeds and the temps as well. If they are good, then there really isn't anything to worry over. But if you feel strongly about it being a problem you could replace the fan and the thermal paste.

NOTE: If the laptop is still under warranty, then do not do the work yourself, instead contact the manufacturer about a repair or replacement.

Martin_121

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
Yes,but i am working obviosly in quiet room,and this noise is giving me headache. Thermal paste i replaced already,with no effect on that noise,but i cant access control of fan on this lenovo laptop,i tried speedfan,and other monitoring software,but it doesnt detect fan. Temps are perfect. Noise dissappear only when laptop is under medium/heavy load when fans spins more. When is idling and fans are running with lowest rpm than this noise appears.

TRENDING THREADS