Question Lenovo Y50 touch laptop keyboard turns on for 5 seconds then the whole laptop turns off

Nov 14, 2021
Please don't spam the forum, keep it to 1 thread.
I have a lenovo laptop that I wanted to replace the monitor backing (had stickers and scratches) so I replaced it.

Idk how relevant this is but when I put it back together I put the cable wrong, and it pinched when I closed the laptop

I tested it after and it worked fine, booted up correctly. Now, a couple of days later, when I press the power button the computer keyboard lights up, cpu fan spins, for about 5 seconds and then it dies. The monitor doesn’t come up at all.

I have replaced the CMOS Battery and have also hard reset the laptop. I have tried disconnecting the battery and just using the power cable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mrmike16

Honorable
I have a lenovo laptop that I wanted to replace the monitor backing (had stickers and scratches) so I replaced it.

Idk how relevant this is but when I put it back together I put the cable wrong, and it pinched when I closed the laptop

I tested it after and it worked fine, booted up correctly. Now, a couple of days later, when I press the power button the computer keyboard lights up, cpu fan spins, for about 5 seconds and then it dies. The monitor doesn’t come up at all.

I have replaced the CMOS Battery and have also hard reset the laptop. I have tried disconnecting the battery and just using the power cable.

Try reseating the RAM and the GPU if you haven't tried that already. If it still doesn't work, try removing the GPU altogether. It could also be something seemingly unrelated to what you did, like the PSU.

Nov 14, 2021