lenovo y580 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

khwaja93

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
The laptop wont ever turn on and when i hit the power button, the keyboard backlit turns on, and i hear a loud beep and fan running. The screen is pitch black and shows no response no matter how much the time passes. Also the laptop over heats .e.g when i keep it on for over 15 minutes its like the heat emitting from the machine would melt the plastic under-body. I sincerely need your help in trying to figure out what the problem is and how i can make it better. I do have an external monitor if that's of any help

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start with a hard reboot, unplug it's AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it.
- If it doesn't work reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of second then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Again if these doesn't work but you can hear the laptop on but with no display, connect an external monitor and see if it would display anything because if it does that means it's the built in display that is faulty.
- Next to try is if your AC adapter is still okay by trying another AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it would work.
- If all these will not work it would be a motherboard problem.

If it does turn on after doing all these troubleshooting steps you'll need to open your laptop to clean the inside of it and apply new thermal paste on the CPU and GPU that should help it from not overheating again but if these will not work you may need to get a cooling pad to help it further in cooling it down.

Hi,

- Start with a hard reboot, unplug it's AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it.
- If it doesn't work reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of second then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Again if these doesn't work but you can hear the laptop on but with no display, connect an external monitor and see if it would display anything because if it does that means it's the built in display that is faulty.
- Next to try is if your AC adapter is still okay by trying another AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it would work.

If it does turn on after doing all these troubleshooting steps you'll need to open your laptop to clean the inside of it and apply new thermal paste on the CPU and GPU that should help it from not overheating again but if these will not work you may need to get a cooling pad to help it further in cooling it down.

Hi,

Status
Not open for further replies.