Lenovo Z50-70 battery plugged in not charging, won't charge no matter what I do

AnonPerson

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
Hi,

I have a Lenovo Z50-70 running Windows 8.1. The laptop is relatively new, bought in Jan. 2015.

Some time ago, the original battery suddenly started to have a problem where it would say 45% available, plugged in, not charging. No matter what fixes I tried (after looking through a lot of articles, posts, comments, etc.), nothing made the battery start charging again. It always stays at 45%. Also the battery light/indicator on the front of the laptop is always blinking white.

So I got a new battery, put it in hoping that it would work and charge up to 100%, but the new battery is having exactly the same problem as the original old one! It will only charge up to 45%, then it says plugged in not charging. The battery light is again always blinking white.

What do I do? How can this be fixed? What's going on?

Appreciate any help. Thank you very much.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to test the AC adapter of the laptop as well.
- Remove the battery off the laptop then connect just the AC adapter and see if it will boot up normally.
- If it will not boot that could mean that the AC adapter is not supplying enough voltage to power and charge the laptop.
- Do try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will boot up or charge that laptop.
- Next to try would be to uninstall/reinstall the battery driver is Device Manager.
- Do also run a battery calibration: http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-2342991/calibrate-battery-windows-laptops.html
- Another test would be to completely reinstall Windows because if that will still not work then the problem lies inside the motherboard.

AnonPerson

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
Re#1: I had already tried before running it just with the AC adapter and it ran well with just that and no battery. Also I don't have another adapter, only the one that came with the laptop when it was bought. Maybe it's worth buying another adapter...

Also I already had tried uninstalling and reinstalling that driver many times and it did nothing to fix it. I can't try the battery calibration because the first step is charge battery to 100% and mine won't go past 45%. Also, completely reinstalling windows is not an option because windows came preinstalled on the laptop and I don't have any cd's for it, also even if it were possible, I wouldn't want to do such a radical overhaul and risk losing any documents or any data or settings...

How else can I be sure if it's a motherboard problem? Why and how could a motherboard problem occur just suddenly like that because my laptop didn't always have this problem until just suddenly some months ago, before the battery charged perfectly up to 100% well...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SamDDG Laptop Tech Support 1
jonbremont Laptop Tech Support 6
P Laptop Tech Support 1
roystons Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 1
nerdyotter Laptop Tech Support 0
Nemanja157 Laptop Tech Support 3
ChizDawg211 Laptop Tech Support 1
zulfanmr Laptop Tech Support 5
ruslruslrusl1 Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 3